Search

Monday, November 19, 2012

Completely Nonrelted to Seasonal Festivities: Creamy Cashew Butter

So it is almost Thanksgiving, and I should probably be sharing with you a bounty of holiday recipes. Sorry guys. Instead of cooking up a storm (that begins tomorrow) I have been spending my time listening to 80's music, grocery shopping, and saying "I am so happy to be on vacation." Who could blame me? 

I have also been making more tasty salads: 

sauteed power greens,wild rice, dried cranberries, balsamic vinegar, fried egg
 And learning how to drive using a stick shift (in my new car!)


I named her Mel. My car Mel. (Get it.Car-mel? Gosh I am a clever girl.)

Back to Thanksgiving.

It's not that I don't love you guys, or my blog, or sharing - I just have zero motivation to post a detailed recipe at this moment. 

College does that to a girl. 

So instead I am giving you a recipe that requires minimal energy, about ten minutes to make, and supplies a little bit of heaven.

Creamy Cashew Butter 

 

Please make this now: have some with breakfast, have some on Thanksgiving, have some after Thanksgiving. And when you are making it, try to resist sticking your whole head in the Cuisinart to get those final smears. (key word 'try')

Recipe
Ingredients:
1 bag of roasted unsalted cashews

Directions:

  • Dump the cashews in your Cuisinart or food processor and process until it looks like this:


  • Pour your cashew butter into cute mason jars. Somehow it tastes better that way :)

I am grateful for so much. Including those of you guys and gals who read my blog. May your Thanksgiving be a glorious feast with good company.




No comments:

Post a Comment