Search

Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Very Merry Unbirthday to Me!

And you? Perhaps?
That song, amongst many other Disney classics, has been playing on repeat in my head for the last week. No I'm not crazy... I have just been to Disneyland.

Overnight Oats to start the morning. And can I just say how cleverly smug I feel about using left over pudding containers to make the oats in? I am becoming such a recycle nut... but that's a good thing right?
rolled oats, greek yogurt, milk, chia and flax seeds, cinnamon, nuttzo, and crumbled blackberry scone on top. soy latte
I'm also going to insert my review on the new Sacramento Airport terminal B: amazing. I mean, they have Old Soul and Jacks Urban Eats. How cool is that? (If they had had a Chipotle, I may have never got on my flight.)


Though I like California Adventure, I am partial to Disneyland. It's more my childhood. We spent most of our trip in Disneyland. We did head over to the other park for dinner Thursday night though. We had a prefixed dinner at a Tuscan restautant and saw the amazing world of color show afterward. I had the salad, sea bass, and dessert sampler plate. For park food - I was shocked. It was really excellent and we weren't rushed at all. 
Go big or go home right?
This actually was split between my Mom and I. Macarons, caramel chocolate cake, tiramisu, and vanilla bean panna cotta. I loved them all and we finished everything. :D We went to the Blue Bayou the second night there on a whim. It was an awesome experience as well. Sadly the pictures did not turn out well since it was so dark. :(



We met up with my cousin Carl while we were there. He is going to be in a musical act opening this summer in California Adventure. I believe the act is called Five and Dime. How cool is it that he gets to work there!? He sounded really positive - I'm happy for him and can't wait to see the show.

One thing I had to do in Disneyland was get an ice cream in a sprinkled waffle cone.
It happend just as I dreamed it would. That's what Disneyland is all about right?


By Friday night, the park was packed with people. I know it's all part of the experience, but I was ready to get away from the masses by Friday night. Fortnuatly, by that time we had already gone on all the rides we wanted so we were content just browsing shops and people watching. Always fun.
It was such a great and relaxing trip - loved spending one on one time with my mom <3. Back to school though - two more weeks until Graduation!

Breakfast this morning in honor of Disneyland. I bought this cute Mickey Bowl - of course. It was great fuel to power me through a 9 mile run in 90 degree weather with Zoe. I need to get my body conditioned for the heat because summer is coming! Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment