Search

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Improvising

I never cook with Asian flavors. Seriously, my mom and I bought red miso paste back in March and have used 1 tsp. I'm still hoping to come across a recipe that calls for 1 cup of this stuff. If only. If only.

Tonights' game plan was to make Miso-Curry Delicata Squash from 101 Cookbooks . Sadly I had 1) no white miso and 2) no red Thai curry paste. I did, however, have a whole lotta red miso paste... and I got crafty and winged it. (wung it?)



I took delicata and firm tofu and mixed it with olive oil, and a spoonful of both RED miso curry and tahini. Then I stuck it in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes. I massaged the kale in tahini and olive oil and lemon juice. Then I toasted some pepitas and mixed e v e r y thing together.

I was so afraid it was going to taste awful. And the delicata, the kale, and (heaven forbid) the red miso would all have gone to waste! Gosh I wish that stuff would just disappear


But it was actually quite good. I had this ^ and then about another half of that serving. Can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow! 

Know any recipes that call for a tub of red miso?

1 comment:

  1. Not only does this look delicious, it is! Great start for your new journey.

    ReplyDelete